1 cup dry red wine
2 teaspoons grated peeled ginger
1/4 cup instant flour (such as Wondra) or cornstarch
4 1/2-inch-thick boneless pork loin chops, trimmed
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/3 cup honey
8 large sprigs fresh mint
2 large plums, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
Peanut oil, for frying
Whisk 1 tablespoon wine, the ginger and 2 tablespoons ice water in a large bowl. Whisk in the flour and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the pork, turning to coat; refrigerate while you prepare the sauce.
Remove the zest from the orange in wide strips using a vegetable peeler. Put the zest in a skillet and squeeze in the juice. Whisk in the vinegar, honey and the remaining 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons wine. Add the mint and cook over medium-high heat until syrupy, 10 to 15 minutes. Add the plums and cook until slightly soft, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and discard the mint. Swirl in the butter, if desired, and season with salt.
Heat 1/4 inch peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the pork until golden and crisp, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towellined plate to drain. Season with salt and serve with the plum sauce.
Per serving: Calories 503; Fat 29 g (Saturated 8 g); Cholesterol 90 mg; Sodium 88 mg; Carbohydrate 39 g; Fiber 1 g; Protein 28g
1 bottle rosé wine
1 1/2 cups ginger ale
1 plum, puréed in blender
bunch of fresh mint
3 plums, sliced (any color works!)
1 apple, sliced
1 lime, sliced
crystallized ginger, for garnish
In a large pitcher, combine rosé, puréed plum and a few sprigs of mint. Muddle the mint a bit, then add 2 of the sliced plums, apple and 4 slices lime. Top off with ginger ale.
Distribute remaining plum and lime slices among 4 glasses. Add ice, if desired. Fill glasses with sangria, then skewer a piece of crystallized ginger onto a wooden pick for garnish. Salud!
Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
Servings: 14 • Serving Size: 1 biscuit • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 97.3 • Fat: 3.9 g • Protein: 3.7 g • Carb: 13.0 g • Fiber: 0.0 g
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 cups Heart Smart Bisquick
- 3.5 oz shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (Cabot 50% reduced fat)
- 2/3 cup fat free milk
Preheat oven to 400°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Melt butter in a small frying pan, add half the garlic and saute on low heat about 1 minute. Remove from heat and add parsley.
In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, cheddar cheese, and remaining garlic. Stir in milk and mix (do not over mix). Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls (1.5 oz each) onto prepared cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes. Brush or drizzle biscuits with melted butter. Bake for 5 more minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom.
- 2 Cups Strawberry (or other flavored) Greek Yogurt
- 4-6 crushed graham crackers
- Cool Whip (or other whipped topping)
- Strawberries for garnish
- Line a muffin pan with 6 paper liners.
- Put 1-2 tbsp crushed graham cracker crumbs in each liner.
- Top with ⅓ cup Yogurt
- Freeze for atleast 2 Hours.
- Remove before serving and top with cool whip and a strawberry.
- Keep remaining “cheesecakes” frozen until ready to serve
**Gluten Free** replace graham crackers with a gluten free graham cracker or cookie. **Dairy Free** Use a dairy free yogurt such as coconut or almond.
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and cut into ¼-inch slices
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Veg oil Cooking spray
- corn tortillas or plain unsalted tortilla chips
- Caramel Ice cream topping
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp margarine or coconut oil
- Other toppings (nuts, choc chips, marshmallows) optional
- Slice and core apples and place in a large bowl of water with 1 tsp lemon juice to prevent browning. These can be stored in the fridge like this for 1-2 days.
- Cut corn tortillas into strips and spread over a baking sheet. Spray with veg oil cooking spray and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until crisp. These may also be made ahead and stored in an airtight container.
- Melt chocolate chips and margarine in a microwave safe bowl on high for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds or until melted through.
- Assemble nachos on plate. Arrange apples, cinnamon sugar tortillas, drizzle with caramel and chocolate.
- Top with any other toppings you choose; nuts, chocolate chips, marshmallows, etc.
- Serve immediately!
GLUTEN FREE- Like all recipes please read labels, but this can be made gluten free by using corn tortillas, and gf caramel sauce.